Who is the College Principal responsible for the College and how can I get in touch with the office?

The College Principal of Maria Regina College is Mr Patrick Decelis. The offices are situated at, Maria Regina College, Administration Office, Triq l-Inkurunazzjoni, Mosta. The e-mail address is mariaregina.college@gov.mt.  Should you require an appointment, please contact Ms Mary Grace Micallef on 25986508 or Ms Antoinette Sladden on 25986509.


What are the services offered by the College Principal’s office to the general public?

College schools’ staff and parents of College schools’ students may request a meeting with the College Principal, by appointment, to discuss any issue. Applications for transfer of students are also handled by this office. It is to be pointed out that transfers are only accepted if the College Principal deems that the reason for this request is valid, and if there exists a vacancy at the receiving school.


I need to register my son/daughter at the primary school of my village. What do I do? 

If you are a Maltese citizen and wish to register your son/daughter at the school of the village indicated on your ID card, you may go directly to the school’s office. Both parents’ ID cards are necessary.  If you are foreigner please refer to question 5 below.


I need to register my son/daughter at a school outside the village indicated on my ID card. What do I do?

Please call on (00356) 25986508/9 at the College Principal’s office for an appointment. For the appointment, please bring with you:

  • ID card of both parents.
  • Letter indicating request and reason for this request including telephone numbers, I.D card numbers and signed by both parents.
  •  If the student is in Yr 5 and Yr 6, the previous school’s last annual results.
  • If the student is in Secondary School the previous year results are needed.


I am a foreigner and I need to register my child into a state school. What do I do?

Please call on (00356) 25986508/9 at the College Principal’s office for an appointment with Ms Mary Grace Micallef or Ms Antoinette Sladden. For the appointment, please bring with you:

  • Identification (passports/ID Cards) of parents / legal guardians
  • Original birth certificate in English. If this certificate is not in English, a legal translation is required.
  • Letter from parents / legal guardian indicating request including telephone numbers.
  • The previous school’s last annual results.
  • Proof of residence : This is a document indicating that you actually live in that district, for example : water and electricity bill indicating your name and address in that particular district / copy of lease of premises specifying your name and address in that district, including owner’s telephone number, ID Card number and signature.

If the student hails from a country outside the European Union, a payment every term is to be effected.

In this case, the parents’ / legal guardian’s working permit and residence permit / freedom of movement document is to be submitted.


My son/daughter needs transport to and from school. What do I do?

This matter can be discussed with the Head of School.


I think my son/daughter needs a Learning Support Assistant. What do I do?

The parent is to approach the school’s administration with her/his request.